Stories: Down the Chain
Advance Denim - China
Sustainability is part of their everyday business
Amy Wang is Board Director and General Manager of Advance Denim Co., Ltd., a leading high-end denim fabric manufacturer in China.
Sustainability is our commitment to the environment, society and economics. We look at denim as part of everyday life, which is associated with natural resources and social activities. By implementation of innovative technologies, we are able to develop innovative products and influence supply chain partners.
Last year, Advance Denim launched GreenLET denim collection. This collection has been certified by GOTS 3.0 (Global Organic Textile Standard) and PEPREVE, offering sustainable denim fabrics by using organic cotton, innovative fibers made by recycled plastic bottles and/or recycled wasted-cotton during the spinning process.
Aiming to set up a sustainable and efficient production system, Advance Denim has been dedicated to developing green manufacturing processes, and maintaining stable product quality at the same time.
- Using natural indigo dye with ozone, which consumes less water and chemicals;
- Upcycling indigo dye stuff during manufacture process;
- Eco-compatible bleaching;
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100 by Testex AG Swiss Textile Testing Institute;
- OCS 1.0 the Organic Content Standard, by Control Union Certification;
- ISO14001:2004 Environmental Management System Standard, by EACC.
Advance Denim’s sewage treatment facility has a capacity of up to 7,200 tons per day. The self-owned power plant generates 3000 kilowatts per hour, which is able to cover the entire electricity consumption for the company, including its manufacturing.