Commit to Cotton
Help lead the world forward in sustainable cotton production – become a Cotton LEADSTM partner.
Becoming a Partner
Simply contact us to let us know you’re committed to sustainably produced cotton and wish to become a partner. We’ll ask you to sign the Commitment to Cotton – a short statement that affirms your belief in the goals of the Cotton LEADS program.
Once you've signed, your organization is part of an active global community of companies working toward a healthy future.
Commitment to Cotton
We, the signatories and founding members of the Cotton LEADS program, recognize the need to advance the supply and use of sustainably produced cotton through international and national efforts. We commit to the five core principles of the Cotton LEADS program as the foundation for an effective program that fosters the ability of supply chain entities to meet the world’s demand for sustainably produced cotton. We support the use of cottons from the Cotton LEADS program in our supply chain.
- Help in meeting your sustainable cotton targets
- Confidence that your cotton is sustainably produced
- Transparency and traceability in the supply chain
- An ample, year-round supply of cotton qualities to meet manufacturing needs
- No membership fees, added costs or price distortions in the supply chain
- Recognition for joining other Cotton LEADS partners in their commitment to continual improvement and sustainable cotton production
As a partner, your company can choose your level of involvement. We can connect you with opportunities to actively support research projects, help disseminate information on best practices, and create partnerships for continual improvement. We’ll help you focus your support in these key areas:
Areas of Involvement
- Water conservation (farm and factory)
- Soil health
- Land conservation
- Pest management
- Cotton breeding
- Farmer education and worker safety
- Energy use (farm and factory)
- Chemical use in textile processing