2017 Australian Cotton Industry Awards Celebrate Excellence
August 10, 2017
More than 380 cotton growers and industry representatives gathered last week to celebrate the recipients of the 2017 Australian Cotton Industry Awards.
The Awards program recognises excellence and achievement in Australia’s cotton industry throughout the supply chain, from growers and ginners to product suppliers, consultants, agronomists and researchers.
The 2017 Australian Cotton Industry Awards recipients are:
- Monsanto Grower of the Year: Cavaso Farming – Tony, Joyce, Matt and Daisy Toscan, Darlington Point, NSW.
- AgriRisk High Achiever of the Year: CSD Farming – Mark Cathcart (“CSD Farms”, Wee Waa, NSW)
- ADAMA Chris Lehmann Trust Young Achiever of the Year: Fiona Norrie (Moree, NSW)
- Cotton Seed Distributors Researcher of the Year: Dr Paul Grundy and Dr Stephen Yeates (QDAF, Toowoomba & CSIRO Ayr, QLD)
- IPF Service to Industry Award: Michael Bennett (“Killowen”, Narromine, NSW)
“We had a substantial number of strong nominations for the Awards program this year, and all are deserving in many ways,” Mr Kay says.
“I know the judges found it very difficult to select recipients from the finalists, all of whom have contributed greatly to our industry.”
“The Australian Cotton Industry Awards are an important way of showcasing those who are achieving great things, and also a way of discovering new ambassadors for the industry.”
For case studies and short films on Awards Recipients, please click here.