Australia’s Cotton Nutrition Tour to Share Nutrition Research
January 18, 2016
Australia’s CottonInfo team is conducting a cotton nutrition tour in February to further grower knowledge on this important topic, bringing 10 leading cotton nutrition researchers onto farms across five cotton growing valleys.
Growers will attend on-farm field days at Gunnedah, Warren, Griffith, Emerald and Moree to meet with these researchers and to learn about the latest developments in nutrition research. Attendees will also interact with the growers hosting the field days about their on-farm crop nutrition programs.
Topics to be covered include:
- Research overview
- Sustainable cotton production: higher yields, more often
- Nutrient budgeting
- Improving nitrogen use efficiency
- Mineralised nitrogen in crop
- Nitrogen losses from irrigated cotton
- Phosphorus considerations: irrigated and rain-grown cotton
- Optimising nitrogen and irrigation application
- Soil health and crop rotations
- Research in practice